[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Need Help Billing type: Circulation

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Mon Nov 5 05:53:17 EST 2012

Hi Jayaraj,

The fines are generated by a utility that is run periodically using Linux's cron service.  An crontab example is provided with the Evergreen source code.  Here is the version that comes with 2.0.9:

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Evergreen.git;a=blob;f=Open-ILS/examples/crontab.example;h=1cd1db3d7d0658ce53757beafd23694103d37500;hb=refs/heads/tags/rel_2_0_9

The important line for fine generation is:

# Generate fines
30 0  * * *   . ~/.bashrc && $EG_BIN_DIR/fine_generator.pl $SRF_CORE

which would run the fine generator nightly at 12:30 a.m.

Hope that's helpful!

Chris