[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] How to remove previously used hostnames in EG client?

Aaron Zsembery azsembery at pls-net.org
Mon Nov 5 11:47:25 EST 2012

On Monday, November 5, 2012 11:32:20 AM "Yamil Suarez" <ysuarez at berklee.edu> wrote:
> I have several EG 2.2 workstations that were registered with both our
> production server and our test server hostnames. Automatically the EG
> client remembers previously used server hostnames/IPs. In this case I
> would like to remove the entry in the hostnames drop down menu for
> our test server to avoid confusion in the future. Regretfully, if I
> uninstall the EG client I and reinstall it, the entries remain the
> same. Could someone provide me pointers on how to accomplish this?

On Windows 7 (and possibly in XP) if you go to %APPDATA%\OpenILS\open_ils_staff_client\Profiles\PROFILE_NAME\chrome there should be a file named "ws_info" which has the following string for each server: "SERVER_ADDRESS":{"name":"WORKSTATION_NAME","owning_lib":"LIB_ID","lib_shortname":"LIBRARY_SHORTNAME"}} with a comma between each entry.
Remove the entries that you don't want and they should disappear from the dropdown list.

If you don't mind re-registering the workstations (or want to clear some random data that wont go away), you could just delete the %APPDATA%\OpenILS\open_ils_staff_client\Profiles folder and the %APPDATA%\OpenILS\open_ils_staff_client\profiles.ini file

Aaron Z
Jr. Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System
2557 State Rt. 21