[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Moving to Evergreen

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Mon Nov 5 15:01:34 EST 2012

Colleagues,

Last week the Asbury Seminary and Asbury University librarians made a
decision to move to Evergreen. There is still no official commitment from
our administrations, but we do not expect any objections if the migration
costs can be held to a reasonable level. We anticipate a two year glide
path before going live for the entire system, but it is my hope to go live
with the Acquisitions module much sooner than that. We are busily working
on our  2.3 install, and I am starting to supply DIG with my notes and
questions, which they may choose to use, in some form, in the Getting
Started chapter of the Evergreen Manual.

One thing that I hoped would make our install easier would be to have read
only administrative access to a demo installation. That way we could look
at each of the dropdown menus and do some copying and  pasting. I've tried
accessing 2.3 public server at demo.ils.edoceo.com without success. The
Status and Version of the host connect OK when using the staff client build
2012.45-demo.exe. But, when I enter the Username: egsa / Password: egsa,  a
Login failed message pops up.  The Workstation message is: Not yet
configured for the specified server.

So ... like ... what do I do now? ...

Don

Don Butterworth