[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Mobile catalog?

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Nov 7 20:11:16 EST 2012

On Nov 7, 2012 7:42 PM, "Buzzy Nielsen" <buzzy at hoodriverlibrary.org> wrote:

> Mostly its formatting. I'm currently looking at it on the stock browser
on a phone running CyanogenMod 10, and in order to use it effectively, it
requires a lot of pinching and zooming. The results also appear below the
facets (screenshot attached). We are running 2.2, though. I'll check out a
catalog running 2.3. We're hoping to upgrade in September. Thanks!

Here are two TPAC 2.3-ish screenshots. I think the move away from fixed
widths definitely helps with the pinching/zooming, although at skinny
enough resolutions the facets still get annoying.

The first uses Firefox Beta on the Nexus 7 in portrait mode. No facet
problem, but there is some weird crowding of the pagination widget for some
reason.

Then there's the screenshot of Chrome, which does suffer from the
facet-at-the-top effect... but fixing that problem would fix the same
problem on low-resolution desktops too.

So... I still think the answer is to just invest a bit more energy in
improving the TPAC. It's come a long way already. Contributions welcome!