[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] grace period and reserve materials

Gordana Vitez gvitez at niagaracollege.ca
Wed Nov 14 12:01:55 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

I have a question re: hourly loan materials, like reserves, that accrue fines at an hourly rate. How are other libraries dealing with the grace period for these hourly loans? Ideally, we'd like to see fines charged as soon as the item is overdue. I realize this seems like a really ogre-ly thing to want, but we need to get reserves back in a timely manner for the next person.

Is there a setting I can play with to remove the grace period on reserve items only?

Thanks!
Gordana

Gordana Vitez
Library Services & Systems Coordinator