[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] MARC templates

Cerninakova Eva cernin at jabok.cz
Tue Nov 27 10:28:11 EST 2012

Hello

In collaboration with the National Library of the Czech republic We  are
currently   working on MAC XML cataloging templates for Evergreen that
should meet the standards of  the Union catalog of the Czech Republic.

We were advised to use wildcard character (such as an asterisk)  for coded
data and indicators in the MARC templates that cataloger must not forget to
fill in. E.g. at the position 35-37 in field 008 or at the position of the
first indicator in the 100 field (etc.) should  occur a star in the
template  that would warn catalogers it is necessary to enter  some data.

 It doesn't not seem as a bad idea to me,  but I wonder if it could cause a
problem  in  Evergreen in the case  that the catalogers forget to fill in
the  right data and asterisk would remain in the MARC record hen it is
saved.

What do you think about it.

Thanks for your ideas

Eva

--
Mgr. Eva Cerniňáková
cernin at jabok.cz

Knihovna Jabok
http:/knihovna.jabok.cz
Tel.: +420 224 990 157

Fakturační adresa:
Jabok - Vyšší odborná škola sociálně pedagogická a teologická
Salmovská 8, 120 00 Praha 2