[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] How to make the EG client default basic search instead of advanced catalog search?

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Nov 28 15:41:15 EST 2012

Hi Yamil,

I'm curious to understand what the reasoning is behind using basic
search instead of the advanced search by default when in the staff
client.  This question came up recently from one of our librarians and
I'm still waiting to hear back from them as to their reasons, but
wondering if there's similarity.

Is there a functional difference between basic/advanced that fuels this
preference?  To me, I could not think of anything specific in our system
since both default to keyword search, so they seem to have similar
enough functional aspects to them.  Or is it merely an aesthetic choice
to match the staff client to how the system would behave in an OPAC
situation for consistency's sake?

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum