[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] How to make the EG client default basic search instead of advanced catalog search?

Buzzy Nielsen buzzy at hoodriverlibrary.org
Wed Nov 28 15:46:11 EST 2012

Hi Ben,

I can speak to this a bit, as we've considered this at our library too.
Frontline staff often use staff workstations to show patrons how to
search the catalog. Defaulting the catalog search to the basic page
would better mirror what patrons see when they access the catalog, in
addition to giving staff the ability to perform the various functions
they need which would be more difficult to do on the public catalog.

Cheers!
Buzzy Nielsen

Library Director
Hood River County Library District