[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] How to make the EG client default basic search instead of advanced catalog search?

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Wed Nov 28 15:52:32 EST 2012

Ben,

My understanding is that one key reason is that the advanced search
does not have auto suggest, which is used extensively at our library
by patrons and staff. Also, our staff often end up showing patrons how
to perform basic searches from behind the counter, so they are
constantly having to switch over to the basic search. Of course we
still use the advanced search for certain searches and students are
taught how to use it too, but everyone on staff is asking for the
change in the client.

Hope this make sense,
Yamil