[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Public libraries and digital content management

McPeck, Tracy L. TMcPeck at pwcgov.org
Mon Oct 1 09:37:11 EDT 2012

Hello-

I am conducting a case study between a proprietary ILS (Polaris) and an
open source ILS (Evergreen) regarding electronic resource management in
the public library. I'd like to know if any Evergreen public libraries
use Evergreen (including add-ons) to manage database subscriptions and
findability for patrons.  I plan to compare the two systems and their
roles in managing electronic resources.  I am finding that public
libraries will often make their eBooks and eAudiobooks findable in the
ILS, but patrons must access the electronic databases separately to
discover the library's electronic journal holdings. I am hoping to find
examples of public libraries that use their ILS and associated add-ons
to make electronic journals holdings searchable in the catalog. Please
email me at tmcpeck at pwcgov.org or tlmcpeck at yahoo.com if you can help.

Thanks in advance-

Tracy McPeck

Library Services Technician III, Youth Services

Central Community Library

8601 Mathis Avenue

Manassas, VA 20110

Prince William County Public Library System
<http://www.pwcgov.org/government/dept/library/Pages/default.aspx>