[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Where, oh where ...

Jesse Ephraim JEphraim at roanoketexas.com
Tue Oct 2 18:30:09 EDT 2012

Don;

Unfortunately, there really isn't a well-written, updated, thorough guide to Evergreen out there (to the best of my knowledge).  There are a number of partial guides, but even if you put all those together, there are some major gaps.  A couple of years into things, and we're still trying to fill in the gaps in our knowledge. That's one of the drawbacks of open source systems, unfortunately - documentation isn't the first thing on the mind of developers.  My bet is that we would see a LOT more libraries adopting Evergreen if there were decent documentation and a good front-end to the installation process.

Most of the major docs that have been done are available here:
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/
http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php

Jesse Ephraim
Director, Roanoke Public Library