[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Whoops... RDA is a coming!!

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Wed Oct 24 14:22:06 EDT 2012

FWIW - LoC has as document posted for LC catalogers and techs called "Summary of Steps to Change a Record from AACR2 to RDA" (monographs)

www.loc.gov/aba/rda/source/importing_textual_monographs_for_rda.doc

We probably can expect more of these kinds of documents (and sites, etc.) from the cataloguing community to be available to help inform ourselves on what priorities need to be set for EG + RDA.

A few other links, but not too recent, include:
http://eprints.rclis.org/handle/10760/13415#.UIgvjGe_Stk

http://www.nla.gov.au/lis/stndrds/grps/acoc/documents/RDAFAQsaboutsystemchanges.pdf

And, "Recommendations to Vendors" (pages 23-24) from RDA testing report:
http://www.loc.gov/bibliographic-future/rda/source/rdatesting-finalreport-20june2011.pdf

Also, RDA has also been popping up on the catalogers listserv: evergreen-catalogers at list.evergreen-ils.org so future threads may want to sprout there.

Dan, I'll open a ticket later this week if we don't see one from Lisa.

Cheers,
George