[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Whoops... RDA is a coming!!

Grace Dunbar gdunbar at esilibrary.com
Wed Oct 24 14:56:47 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 04:33:53PM +0000, Lisa Hill wrote:
> > Hi Folks-
> > RDA- which I am being told does not stand for retirement day approaching
>  is set for 3/31/2013.
>
> Rather than jumping directly to development proposals with specific
> companies or individuals, I would suggest opening a bug at
> http://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen with the details so that all
> Evergreen developers can discuss the best way forward for ensuring that
> we handle this in the Evergreen 2.4 release.

+1
I think this is a great suggestion, Dan.
I'd love to see what the catalogers (from all our varied Evergreen
installations) think are the most critical points that need to be
addressed.  An open discussion amongst all the Evergreen developers via the
usual channels (Launchpad, mailing lists, irc) should provide the best
platform for progress.

Grace