[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Alert flag appears with no alert

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Fri Sep 7 17:02:52 EDT 2012

Hi Jim,

For me, I've seen enough random nonsensical data migrate from our
previous legacy systems into Evergreen to not trust that the data is
meant to make sense from the get-go.  We've done quite a bit of data
cleanup in our database post-migrations.

That said, are you suggesting that there ought to be a way for Evergreen
to detect when staff are adding to an alert field only spaces and
prevent the field from being saved?  If so, I think that'd be an
interesting new feature to consider.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum