[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] new marc templates

Araik Manukyan araik at flib.sci.am
Wed Sep 26 05:27:01 EDT 2012

Dear community,

We have upgraded to Evergreen 2.2 and are currently configuring it. We want
to add some new marc templates but are unable to do it. First, we have
created a marc template (k_serial.xml)and located it in the
""openils/var/templates"" directory. Then, we have edited the opensrf.xml
document to reflect these changes. We have simply added this string

----

<marctemplates>

<K_serial>/openils/var/templates/marc/k_book.xml</K_serial>

</marctemplates>

----

in the tag

-----

<app_settings>

</app_settings>

-----

where the code for default template k_book was included. Finally, we
restarted the software. Yet, this new template have not appeared in the drop
menu and what is more, afterwards when we tried to create a new MARC record
Eevergreen begun to report an error (when we cancel the described
modifications, everything starts to work again.) Below you can find the
error text

------------

Network or server failure.  Please check your Internet connection to

93.187.162.217 and choose Retry Network.  If you need to enter Offline Mode,
choose Ignore Errors in this and subsequent dialogues.  If you believe this
error is due to a bug in Evergreen and not network problems, please contact
your help desk or friendly Evergreen administrators, and give them this
information:

method=open-ils.cat.marc_template.types.retrieve

params=[]

THROWN:

{"payload":[],"debug":"osrfMethodException :  *** Call to
[open-ils.cat.marc_template.types.retrieve] failed for session
[1348648371.656537.134864837131690], thread trace [1]:\nNot a HASH reference
at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenILS/Application/Cat.pm line
56.\n\n","status":500}

STATUS:

Any ideas? Can you suggest us another way to add marc templates?

Thanks in advance,

Araik