[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] new marc templates

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Wed Sep 26 09:49:40 EDT 2012

Araik,

I would revert back to the previous (working) opensrf.xml file and then re-check your changes to register that new template.

Alternately, re-check your template file code to ensure it's valid XML.  Another way you can test this is by backing up an already existing "default" template that is working with default opensrf.xml settings, and then replace the template with your new template code. If it generates an error (after restarting relevant services) you know that it's not your opensrf.xml settings syntax (but probably bad xml in the template).  If the template works, then you know your previously made changes to opensrf.xml are the likely cause.

Whenever we've worked with templates, most errors tend to be bad XML (especially if your working in an editor that's not validating xml).

Hope that helps,

George

George Duimovich
NRCan Library / Bibliothèque de RNCan

________________________________
From: open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Beth Longwell
Sent: September 26, 2012 08:31
To: Evergreen Discussion Group
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] new marc templates

Araik,

In opensrf.xml you should have a line to represent each marc template you wish to display in the staff client. For example, to have both a book and a serial template choice you would have the following:

<marctemplates>
<K_book>/openils/var/templates/marc/k_book.xml</K_book>
<K_serial>/openils/var/templates/marc/k_serial.xml</K_serial>
</marctemplates>

Hope this helps,

Beth Longwell
System Manager