[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Serials distribution requires Receive Unit Template?

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Thu Sep 27 14:50:07 EDT 2012

On 09/26/2012 01:54 PM, Mary Llewellyn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm preparing to (re)train a library in using serials, and I've run across
> something I don't remember from a previous release. I can't seem to save a
> distribution without assigning a Receive Unit Template. One of our libraries
> never circulates issues and doesn't want to create items. Should we be able
> to create a distribution without the template? Or must we assign a template
> anyway and just not check the box to create items at checkin? Have I found a
> bug or a feature?

Hi Mary,

The Receive Unit Template field indeed should not be required.  It
became required in 2.1, but experimentation is telling me that it does
not need to be, and that copy-less receiving does work fine without a
value there.

Good find!  A minor patch should fix this, so I will create a bug report
on Launchpad and provide a patch there.

Thanks,
--
Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley