[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] paypal credit card payment

David Busby david.busby at edoceo.com
Fri Apr 5 13:38:42 EDT 2013

In Section 5 on
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/terms-outside#receiving_payments

In short:

"No Surcharges. Under Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express
regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants
may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments "  and
a few more sentences of legal noise that defines a few workarounds (such as
handling-fee on all payments methods, not just paypal)

But notice, that's for merchants and makes no statements about educational,
non-profit or government entities.
It might be time for legal council to review.

/djb

--
David Busby
Edoceo, Inc.