[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] paypal credit card payment

Joe knuevejo at oplin.org
Fri Apr 5 14:22:51 EDT 2013

I agree about perhaps getting legal council involved.  There is a
definite contradiction there, unless governments are not considered
"merchants" for the sake of their policies..  Although, we're also
talking about paying a fee, and the language about surcharges also
relate to selling merchandise rather than charging a fee.  On the other
hand, Paypal probably imagined people paying for dog licenses when they
wrote the section I quoted rather than library fines.

Anyway, definitely brings up more questions..

Have a good weekend.

Joe

Joseph Knueven
Director