[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] EG2013 dinner for family attendees?

James Fournie james.fournie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 21:04:40 EDT 2013

Hey Dan,

I don't have kids and my spouse is really ill, but just in case, I just
thought I'd let you know the following are good things for kids to do:

- the Vancouver Aquarium (in Stanley Park, take #19 bus westbound on Pender
St. near the Delta)
- Science World (big geodesic dome thingy full of science)
- HR MacMillan Space Centre aka the Planetarium
- Granville Island (there's a whole "kids market" building and probably
other stuff I don't know about)

For the last two, it's definitely fun to take the Aquabus or False Creek
Ferry, you can catch them along the water on the southern shores of
downtown, I think it's like $5 round trip.

I don't have kids so I don't know the range of kid friendliness of
restaurants, but here are places that I would classify as "definitely have
booster chairs":

 - Old Spaghetti Factory (on Water St. in Gastown)
 - White Spot (somewhere on the spectrum of Swiss Chalet or Kelsey's, they
have "Pirate Paks" which is like food in a boat)
 - Red Robin (sit-down burgers, Robson @ Thurlow, I have never been)

Have fun!

~J