[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [Evergreen-catalogers] OPAC "format" field

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Apr 18 11:18:22 EDT 2013

Hi Lindsay,

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Lindsay Treat <ltreat at slcconline.edu> wrote:
> To put it simply, is there a way to display “VHS” or “Videorecording” or
> something of the kind for a vhs tape in the “format” field in the OPAC view
> of evergreen? The only thing I’ve manage to do, through manipulation of the
> MARC fixed fields (which shows up as what follows the “<leader> code in a
> MARC template) is display their format as a “moving image.”
>
> Help, please?

Do I remember correctly that you're running Evergreen 2.0 or 2.1?  If
so, there is a file on the server that can be edited to change the
'moving image' text.  Look around line 3043 of:

/openils/var/xsl/MARC21slim2MODS32.xsl

After changing that, restart Evergreen services.

More recent versions of Evergreen, including what Lisa is running at
KCLS, offer easier ways of tweaking how the OPAC displays values based
on fixed fields.

Regards,

Galen
--