[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] What should be done during unexpected library closings?

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Tue Apr 23 16:30:41 EDT 2013

Hello,

I wanted to ask the community what steps are normally taken when a
library has to unexpectedly close. For my library this happens a
couple of times a year because of snow storms. I already use amnesty
mode when the library opens up again. I was thinking of also
temporarily disabling overdue and pre-overdue notices during the
unexpected closings too, so that patrons are not told to return items
when the library is temporarily closed. Should I instead add an entry
to the"closed dates editor" instead?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
yamil