[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Bug bounties

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu Aug 1 05:08:48 EDT 2013

On 1 August 2013 07:46, Kathy Lussier <klussier at masslnc.org> wrote:

> However, it might be a good way to encourage contributors to spend one day
> where they can focus on fixing bugs. The idea came from a Koha global bug
> squashing day that was held last May -
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/2013-05-10_Global_bug_squashing_day. The
> Koha community even had a scorecard of "number of kittens saved" to
> highlight the contributors who had the most bug fixes, patches reviewed,
> etc. I can't remember all of the categories, and the scorecard doesn't
> appear to be available online anymore. We could designate one day where
> contributors are committed to submitting code to fix bugs, reviewing bugs,
> signing off on the fixes, etc. Koha even provided sandboxes for people who
> do not have access to a testing server, but are interested in testing fixes.
> I think this would be a great way to encourage more people to get involved
> in the process.

Actually we have held a lot of bug squashing days

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Category:Global_bug_squashing_days

The next one is Friday the 9th of August, each of them we keep
statistics for http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/2011-11-04_Global_bug_squashing_day

The scoreboard was actually from the Kohacon12 Hackfest, you can see
it here https://gitorious.org/scoreboard/scoreboard/blobs/raw/master/index.html
you can clone it if you want,

https://gitorious.org/scoreboard/scoreboard

We also have our dashboard, http://dashboard.koha-community.org/ which
is designed to highlight where work is needed.
(Cloneable as well of course)

Chris