[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] best practices for configuring user's work OU

James Wagner wagner at lincoln.library.on.ca
Sat Aug 10 14:13:40 EDT 2013

Deana:

I work in a 2-branch system using Evergreen 2.4 (although that doesn't matter in this case), within a consortium of 5 libraries. Our staff can administer a patron's account from either branch. So, it doesn't matter if a patron of Branch A phones, or goes into Branch B, the staff can still help them. To do this you need to give staff permission, by going to the Admin menu and choosing User Permission Editor, then checking off all the branches.  (See attached screen dump)

There is, however, an issue with holds (Evergreen 2.3 & 2.4) that under certain circumstances get sent to the staff member's home library, not the patron's.   This issue has been  reported in Launchpad  https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1167541. The work-around is to make sure staff, when they are putting an item on hold, check on the patron's home library and confirm, with the patron, where they want to pick up the item.

As to overdue notices for patrons without email. Equinox set up a report generator for us. We log into a web address, and access a pdf file containing all the overdue notices for that day and that branch (each branch gets its own report). We then print them and send them out by mail. ( How they do this is well beyond my limited expertise.)

Hope this helps.

James Wagner
Technical Services Co-ordinator
Lincoln Public Library