[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] SEREC (South East Regional Evergreen Conference)

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Wed Aug 14 13:50:22 EDT 2013

As some in the community know we in the South East have been interested in
a regional Evergreen conference.  We are pretty close to making it official
but are polling potential participants in local installations and
consortiums for more feedback.  This is not meant to be any kind of
replacement for the international conference each year but while that has a
lot of focus on it for library administrators, policy makers and systems
staff we wanted something that would be cheaper, more accessible for front
line staff and content more meaningful for them.  And within SCLENDS and NC
Cardinal neither of us have a single in consortium event that fills that
need.  So, this event is currently being organized by myself and the State
Libraries of South Carolina and North Carolina but will be open to anyone
who wants to attend.

We are organizing it in Rock Hill, SC which has reasonable accommodations
and is easy to travel to and we envision low fees (roughly $20 for
attendance) with a lot of focus on front line users.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MVC5ZKN

We are using this survey to measure interest so that we can look at
variables such as the number of rooms to book in the conference's block and
identify specific high interest workshops that we might need multiples of.
 (I think acquisitions is already a given!)  I hope by then to lead one
myself on inventories!  So, if you think you would attend, or if you can
speak for a group such as your staff, please respond and help us with this
planning stage.  If this is successful we envision this as a regular annual
event in February of each year.

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me."
-- C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>