[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] swag survey

Ruth Frasur director at hagerstownlibrary.org
Mon Aug 26 09:19:12 EDT 2013

Rogan,

I was looking around and took another look at CustomInk because of the
comments about bulk buying.  As I was looking, I found that they have
actually set something up specifically for fundraising.  It made me think
that we may consider doing a monthly t-shirt design for continued
fundraising.  I know this has little to do with the conference or a
dedicated online store (although I'm sure it could be integrated), but it
might be fun and interesting to do some one off, limited edition t-shirt
designs similar to TeeFury or TeeVolt.  Just an idea.  This might also be a
way to get more of the IRC quotes out there.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Rogan Hamby <rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net>wrote:

> Only once please!  LOL, but I echo many of your feelings.  I actually am
> looking forward to buying Evergreen shirts for staff and will be looking to
> address some of the comments that folks have given us in the survey soon.
>
> Bulk buying - options to allow libraries or friends groups to do bulk
> purchases is something I really want to do.  That will be a factor in
> looking at store front options.  We also definitely want multiple styles.
>  I'll use t-shirts as an example, we don't just want one t-shirt design,
> but will probably end up with multiple designs (say one with just the logo,
> one with an IRC quote, one with this or that) and then we want different
> styles (such as men's and women's).  What we do for those will also go out
> as surveys to get feedback and be accompanied by graphics.  And it won't
> just be with t-shirts but different styles of stickers and cases and all
> that.  I've gotten great feedback in the survey and some useful comments
> from folks outside the survey who have some swag experience, which is
> great!
>
> Oh, and someone was concerned about cases just being for Apple products.
>  No way!  Now, can we support every possible smart phone - a lot of that
> will depend on the store front and what devices they support but there are
> certainly some very popular Android devices that would have to be
> supported.  When the time comes we'll see what we can do.  We may even have
> some Windows Phone or Blackberry supporters in the mix.
>

> On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM, swills at beyond-print.com <
> swills at beyond-print.com> wrote:
>
>> **
>>  Hi Rogan,
>>
>>  I know the survey is anonymous and I'm probably going to screw up your
>> results by posting publicly, but I just cannot help it!  Your survey about
>> Evergreen swag, i.e. T-Shirts and golf club cozys with the Evergreen-ILS
>> logo on them got me all excited!   I had this vision in my head of being
>> able to go into my Local library and buy my "I love My Evergreen Library"
>> T-shirt from my local librarian.  As I walk out with books and DVD's in
>> tow, I'm wearing my souvenir which helped my local library, my favorite
>> open source project, AND raised my awareness, as a patron, of what that
>> Evergreen-ILS catalog doo-hickey on the counter has under it's hood!
>>
>>  WOOF!   So, if we filled out the survey once, can we do it again?!
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>  Steve Wills
>>
>> On August 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM Rogan Hamby <rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  This is a repost of my posting on Monday to solicit feedback for the
>> survey.  This is the last time I'm going to post it and I will close it
>> Monday so I'm soliciting one last time before I close this.

>>  The governance board has been exploring the possibility of having an
> [...]

Ruth Frasur
Director of the Historic(ally Awesome) Hagerstown - Jefferson Township
Library
10 W. College Street in Hagerstown, Indiana (47346)
p (765) 489-5632; f (765) 489-5808

Our Kickin' Website <http://hagerstownlibrary.org>  Our Rockin' Facebook
Page <http://facebook.com/hjtplibrary>  and Stuff I'm
Reading<http://pinterest.com/hjtplibrary/ruth-reads/>