[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Link to login to catalog then redirect to another site

Bill Erickson berick at esilibrary.com
Fri Dec 6 08:50:25 EST 2013

Hi George,

The TPAC login page supports a redirect_to URL parameter like so:

https://bill-dev2.esilibrary.com/eg/opac/login?redirect_to=http://evergreen-ils.org

On successful login, the browser will redirect the user to the redirect_to
URL.  Beware, though, the TPAC will modify the redirect_to URL to use SSL
(https://), regardless of the protocol used in the parameter.  This may not
be what you intend.

-b

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 8:45 PM, George Rodgers-Clark <
grodgers-clark at lclib.lib.wa.us> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm needing to create a way to validate a patron's library account, then
> send them to a page on our site. Can anyone help me with this?
> The ideal would be a widget I can put on a page without a redirect, but a
> link that sends them to our catalog logon then back to another page on our
> site would work.
> Thanks in advance!
> George
>
> --