[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Family (Group) Accounts

Deana Cunningham deana.cunningham at granvillecounty.org
Sat Dec 14 13:19:23 EST 2013

Thanks for the input on this - it sounds like we are talking about apples and oranges, but I find whenever I learn something new about Evergreen it comes in handy!

We do have the setting Michele mentions set to true - "Cloned Patrons get address copy". It sounds like what Michele is saying is this means they get a copy of the address which is NOT linked to the original patron in any way. If this were set to "false", would the cloned patron then have their address linked to the original patron's address in such a way that editing the original would edit the cloned account as well? What about if you edit the clone - does it then automatically edit the original as well?

Originally I was asking about grouping the cards in order to easily tell parents the amount of fines and overdues there are on all accounts that the family has. In Evergreen 2.3.2, this is in the "Other - Group Member Details" section of the patron record. In the patron registration itself is a check box for "Is Group Lead Account". I like this function a lot, but my director wants to know all the ramifications before we start implementing it in our system.

And if there is anyone out there who knows how to get the notification/action triggers to produce a text file, please let me know!

Thanks,

Deana Cunningham
Branch Manager, South Branch Library
1550 S. Campus Dr.