[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Notification/Action Triggers and Family (Group) Accounts

Michele Morgan mmorgan at noblenet.org
Mon Dec 16 10:15:39 EST 2013

Hi Janet,

If you have the permission as a staff user, you can change the option to do what
you want. When logged into the client. Go to Admin -> Local Administration ->
Library Settings Editor.

Look for the Library Setting: "Patron Registration: Cloned patrons get address
copy" (quickest way to find this is to type "clone" in the Filter box).

If the value is TRUE for your library, then each copied address for a patron in
a group must be edited independently. This isn't the behavior you're looking for.

If the value is FALSE for your library, then whenever there is a patron group
created by cloning, all patrons in the group will point to the same address, and
editing that one address will change it for all. This is what you're asking for.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about this, but changing this option to
FALSE won't affect any patron groups that already exist in the system. If
patrons where cloned while the option was set to TRUE, they won't share the one
address. Only patrons cloned while the option is set to FALSE will share the
single address record. It could be confusing if you end up with a mix of some
groups sharing an address and others not.

In our system, we have the option set to TRUE to save typing when families come
in to register together, but each patron has a unique copy of the address so
they must be edited separately. We don't assume that patrons living in the same
place at the time they registered will always share the same address.

Hope this is helpful,
Michele

mmorgan at noblenet.org