[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Yes, It's Newsletter Time

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Wed Dec 18 12:19:58 EST 2013

Here is a quick recap of the 2013 DIG Hack-a-way...

-------------------------------------

2013 DIG Hack-A-Way

On November 15th several DIG members got together for our second DIG
hack-a-way. We had a group of folks working from Boston,
Massachusetts, as well as individuals working remotely from Georgia,
Michigan, and Indiana.

Here is a list of folks that participated...

Kate Butler - Rodgers Memorial Library (New Hampshire)
Ruth Frasur - Indiana State Library (Indiana)
Erica Rohlfs - ESI (Georgia?)
Ben Shum  - Bibliomation (Connecticut)
Remington Steed - Calvin College (Michigan)
June Caola-Stokoe - C/WMARS  (Massachusetts)
Yamil Suarez - Berklee (Massachusetts)
Jessica Venturo - Bibliomation (Connecticut)

A few days before the hack-a-way, DIG hosted an online training on DIG
basic information and how to use AsciiDoc, our preferred way to format
the official EG documentation.

The hour long training video training can be watched on demand through
Youtube, and if you are curious you can view it here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uX1NtlJRfU

During the hack-a-way we worked on training members how to set up
their computers to run the AsciiDoc software. We also found new ways
to find what old official documentation needs to be converted to
AsciiDoc. Finally, individuals worked on updating several sections of
documentation including cataloging, holds, serials, and library
settings.

For a longer recap you can check this post to he DIG mailing list...
http://georgialibraries.markmail.org/thread/k5ccpllzfhtb44b5

Thanks again to all those that participated, and looking forward to
doing it again next year.

--

Yamil Suarez, MCS
Library System Administrator/Developer