[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Bibliomation and MassLNC Sponsoring Search Enhancements Development in Evergreen

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Tue Feb 19 13:46:35 EST 2013

On Feb 19, 2013, at 8:52 AM, Mieke Stroo wrote:

> Dear Suzannah,
>
> The work on authorities is very welcome and much needing at our
> institute, so this is very good news.
> Did you also tackle the alphabetization of authors names? I noticed
> that comma’s separating last names and first names are now
> disregarded:
>
> 1 Pieters
> 1 Pieterse, J.
> 1 Pieterse, J.J.
> 1 Pieterse, K.
> 1 Pieterse, Keith

<snip>

> Or should I mention this on launchpad as a bug?

Mieke,

For the record, there is an existing launchpad bug created by one of
your co-workers that covers this issue. See if you can find this
launchpad bug for this issue for everyones reference, because I can't
find it yet. It might be decided that a new bug report should be
created, but I think it is  helpful to refer to any pre-existing
related bugs.

It also gives me a chance to label myself as being affected by the
original bug too,
Yamil