[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Minimum Available Copy/Hold Ratio

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Jan 22 08:21:34 EST 2013

Thanks for the info on the ratios Bill!

I tried testing the minimum available copy/hold ratio on a clean 2.3
install, but had some errors when trying to renew an item. I also tested
it in master and saw the same errors. I don't know if I've set up my
circ policy incorrectly or if I found a bug with the ratios.

The clean 2.3 install had the default circ policy that comes with
Evergreen. I added a new circ policy where I set the "renewal" flag to
"true" and set the "Minimum Available Copy/Hold Ratio" to 1. I've
attached a screenshot of the circ policy page in the staff client to
show the parameters that were set with this rule.

When I try to renew an item now, I get an error message regardless of
whether there is a hold on the title or not. The initial error is a
network or server failure with the following:

method=open-ils.circ.renew
params=["6150fccc3948b557db1c76b8fdc4e18a",{"barcode":"777776","patron":8}]
THROWN:
{"payload":[],"debug":"osrfMethodException :  *** Call to
[open-ils.circ.renew] failed for session
[1358707558.197945.135870755821330], thread trace [1]:\nException:
OpenSRF::EX 2013-01-20T13:45:58 OpenSRF::Application
/usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenSRF/Application.pm:211 : Bad event
name: \n\n","status":500}
STATUS:

I then get a message saying the renew failed. The Debug Output is:

Please open a helpdesk ticket and include the following text:
Sat Jan 19 2013 22:10:20 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Renew Failed for 777776
[

     {
         "ilsevent":-1,
         "textcode":"Server or method error"
     }

]

I then get another error with the following in the Debug Output:

Please open a helpdesk ticket and include the following text:
Sat Jan 19 2013 22:11:23 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Error in renew_via_barcode callback\nRenew probably did not happen for
barcode 777776
{
"fileName":"oils://remote/xul/rel_2_3_0/server/patron/items.js",
     "lineNumber":393
}

Did I configure the rule incorrectly or is this a bug? If it's a bug,
I'll be happy to file something in Launchpad.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator
klussier at masslnc.org