[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 2.5-m2: Help Needed! [RM2.5]

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Mon Jul 8 10:18:35 EDT 2013

Hello all,

While the targeting phase for m2 ended early last week, it wasn't really realistic to encourage folks to tackle the testing and committing phase right before a major US holiday.  That latency was built into the timeline, but that is behind us now, so let's come together and see what we can do between now and the end of Friday.

Depending on how we count 'Incomplete' bugs, we have either 62 or 70 m2-pullrequest bugs to tackle.  Compared to where we were with m1, we didn't gain much ground, but we didn't lose any either, and I think that's a plus at this stage in the release cycle.  Still, we need to stay on target, and see if we cannot once more cut that number in half or better before the end of the week.

Here is a link to the list I am working from:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bugs?field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&assignee_option=any&field.milestone%3Alist=59485&field.tag=pullrequest&field.tags_combinator=ANY&search=Search&orderby=id&start=0

One thing you will notice is that the list is ordered by oldest bugs first.  That is not an accident; I think bugs which have been waiting for months or years are most deserving of our attention regardless of the assigned severity.  Please consider giving these older bugs some extra attention as you work through the list!

If you have a commit bit, I am once again going to challenge you to push (or mark Incomplete, with comment) five bugs, an average of one per day.  (If you would rather do five all at once, go for it!)  Not a committer?  You are still encouraged to test, comment, and push signoff branches.  I cannot overstate how helpful it is to get more opinions on fixes and features, and also more eyes on the code.  All of these things work to improve confidence in the branch, and when merging to master, confidence is key.

If anyone has questions or concerns, please let us all know.  Finally, thanks for your help!

Sincerely,
Dan