[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Billing Fixes and Enhancements Sponsored by MassLNC

McCanna, Terran tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Tue Jul 16 15:49:43 EDT 2013

Hi Jason,

I've asked for input from the PINES Subcommittees on the billing changes you've been asked to make. In general their overall response was a request for you to make each of the items optional (system-wide) so that if they are included in the core Evergreen product eventually, that PINES will be able to opt out of the changes if they conflict with current or desired work processes.

1. Support for conditional negative balances

2. Support for lost and paid status

Responses: The responses indicated that they are unclear about where these status’ would be listed and for what reason they would be used for. Would the status be listed under the Item Status window or in the patron’s account? Regardless, if it were made optional, PINES could opt in or out of it.

3. Void lost fees for claims returned items

4. Allow renewal on lost, long overdue and claims returned items

Thank you for announcing the work you are doing to the community and giving us the opportunity to give you our feedback!

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150