[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Community Development Opportunity - Inventory

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Thu Jul 18 15:47:52 EDT 2013

In the spirit of collaborative funding gathered for acquisitions and other
work I'm hoping to find partners in the community interested in funding
inventory development.  If funding comes together fairly quickly we could
probably make this happen for 2.6.

The specs have been compiled by staff with a lot of experience doing
inventories and working with developers to a) have a robust inventory
system that will work for a lot of different needs and b) do as much as we
can on the database level to minimize development cost of high level code.

This means we that we're skipping some bells and whistles to focus more on
robustness and functionality.  And it means we're looking at a total price
tag of about $100,000 instead of three or four times that.

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me."
-- C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>