[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Long overdue items

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Mar 5 12:06:53 EST 2013

Hi all,

We've been having some local discussions on issues related to billing,
overdue items, etc. in the hopes of sponsoring some enhancements for
billing in Evergreen. As part of these discussions, we've been talking
about identifying copies that are long overdue (not lost).

I've noticed in the staff client there are several places that refer to
"long overdue" items. It's referenced in the patron summary and in the
bottom pane of the patron's "Items Out" screen. However, as far as I can
tell, there is no built-in way to identify items that are "long
overdue." Since there are references to it in the staff client, I have
to assume that somebody out there is making a distinction among overdue,
long overdue and lost items.  If you're using "long overdue," can you
send along some information on how you're using it on your system and
what you needed to configure?

Thanks!
Kathy

--