[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] SMS setup for consortium--all at once?

Tony Bandy tonyb at ohionet.org
Thu Mar 7 12:34:15 EST 2013

Hi all,

Please pardon any duplication but trying to figure out if the Evergreen SMS
setup can be done on a per library basis in a consortium?  I realize the
system options can be set this way in the library settings editor, but when
we did this, every library in the consortium had the SMS option, not just
the one that was asking.

Looking at this post (https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/884254),
I'm thinking that maybe editing the TPAC on a per-library basis would
enable us to only have this for the libraries that need this?

Also note that from the post above, I did find this:

Also, it's probably best to have just one sms.enable for the whole
consortium.  If you mix and match on/off settings here, then user
preferences for SMS can get
blown away if the user updates their settings in the TT-OPAC at an org
where SMS is disabled.

I'm not quite sure the best way to interpret that so thanks up front for
your thoughts, links, help......

Tony

--
Tony Bandy