[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] SMS setup for consortium--all at once?

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu Mar 7 13:02:08 EST 2013

Hi Tony,

MassLNC sponsored this development, and my recollection from discussions
during the development project was that it's best to enable/disable it
for the entire consortium. See also the following from the description
in the OU setting:

"Unless you are carefully silo-ing patrons and their use of the OPAC,
the context org for this setting should be the top org in the org
hierarchy, otherwise patrons can trample their user settings when
jumping between orgs."

However,  if you have a different tpac template for the library that
wants SMS, maybe you can hide the SMS options in the template for your
other libraries? Off the top of my head, I'm thinking there are three
places where you would need to hide SMS: the record page where you have
the option to text the call number, the place hold page, and the myopac
notification preferences page.

Just a thought, but it's not something I've tested so I don't know how
well it would work.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator