[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] SMS setup for consortium--all at once?

Aaron Zsembery azsembery at pls-net.org
Thu Mar 7 14:27:36 EST 2013

On 7 March 2013 "Kathy Lussier" <klussier at masslnc.org> wrote:
> However, if you have a different tpac template for the library that
> wants SMS, maybe you can hide the SMS options in the template for
> your other libraries? Off the top of my head, I'm thinking there are
> three places where you would need to hide SMS: the record page where
> you have the option to text the call number, the place hold page,
> and the myopac notification preferences page.
TPAC does that automatically in our 2.2 install, but it would get confusing for patrons.
For example, if Library B has SMS turned on, but Library A has it turned off, if a patron from Library B goes to Library A, does a search for items available at Library A, then tries to place a hold, it will not show the SMS options. On the other hand, if the patron logs in before searching, SMS shows up when placign the hold (IIRC).

Aaron Z
Jr. Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System
2557 State Rt. 21