[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] The Evergreen of the future

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Mar 25 09:50:43 EDT 2013

> -OLE & Koha are there  ways to cooperate with them? Can the library
> community really support 3 different Open Source library systems?
<snip>
> -How will Evergreen compete with or evolve into a next gen
> (cloud-based?) system like Intota, ALMA and OLE, Sierra, OCLC etc.?

It's worth mentioning that despite overlap in functionality, every ILS
out there--open source or proprietary--has different feature sets, and
we really don't want just one system to try to be all things to all
users, nor do we want to take a small handful and try to pigeon-hole
them into specific niches.  I'm all for making Evergreen more
attractive as far as polish, usability, QA, etc. goes, but I'm not for
adding features for the sake of marketing, or for the mythical notion
of being "feature complete".

--
Jason Etheridge