[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Best method of removing items from bibs?

Tony Bandy tonyb at ohionet.org
Tue Mar 26 14:52:46 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Was wondering if I could post this out to the group for ideas?

Working with a massive list of electronic resource bib records that are
needing some mistakenly added item records removed from them.   I've been
able to create a list of item barcodes in the reports module.  Is there a
way I can mass add these items via a copy bucket so that I can delete them
all at once from my list of bib records?

Or....is there a faster (better, cheaper, etc.) method of mass deleting
item records from the bibliographic records that I'm not aware of?  This
involves electronic resource records, which don't need any attached item
records.  PSQL operation maybe that you have used before?

Thanks for any links, thoughts, your experience on this as you have a
minute or two....

Tony

--
Tony Bandy