[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Best method of removing items from bibs?

Sarah Childs sarahc at zionsville.lib.in.us
Tue Mar 26 15:33:00 EDT 2013

Hi, Tony.
 From the staff client side you can import barcodes into the item status
screen to delete them using the Upload from File button.  If all your
report has is the barcodes you can save the excel file and import it
straight into Item Status. (If the report has other fields, strip them
from the file) However, I'd recommend breaking them into smaller chunks
(100-200 or so) at a time. I just copy and paste groups from my report
into a notepad file. Then you click the Upload from File, select your
file and the items load. Highlight them and delete the whole group. It's
a pretty quick and easy process. But I bet there would be a better way
from the back end if it's a truly massive group. Somebody else will have
to direct you there.

---
Sarah Childs
Senior Cataloger