[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Notifications Emails that Bounce are bounced back to the default email

Aaron Zsembery azsembery at pls-net.org
Thu Mar 28 14:32:56 EDT 2013

On 28 Mar 2013 at 12:30:04 PM "Wolf Halton" <wolf.halton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rather than being bounced back to the originating branch email,
> messages that are un-deliverable are bouncing back to the default
> notifications email in an upgraded from 2.2.0 => 2.3.4 EG instance.
> Debian Squeeze, and Postgresql 9.1
There are two places this could be set (based on our 2.2 install):
1. Server Administration > Organizational Units > Main Email
2. Local Administration > Notifications/Action Triggers > Template. Look for "From" it should be followed with: [%- target.0.circ_lib.name %] <[%- helpers.get_org_setting(target.0.circ_lib.id, 'org.bounced_emails') || lib.email || params.sender_email || default_sendr -%]>

If the main email address isn't setup for the branch, bounces will (by default) go back to the system default email address. If someone has been messing with the template, they might have removed the library email settign and just left the "default_sender" portion.

Aaron Z
Jr. Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System
2557 State Rt. 21