[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] RDA Tags

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu May 9 15:11:03 EDT 2013

Hi Scott,

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Scott Thomas <scott at albright.org> wrote:

> I feel like I am asking a lot of questions, but we are kind of new to this…
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> RDA tags 264, 336, 337, and 338 appear in our MARC displays, but not in
> our OPAC displays. My assumption is that this is a configuration issue and
> not related to the fact that we are still at 2.1. Am I correct in this
> assumption or this yet another reason to look forward to our upgrade?
>
> **

This is mostly a configuration issue, as ultimately one can have any MARC
tag you wish displayed in the OPAC by customizing the TPAC templates.  That
also holds true for the older JSPac available in 2.1 and earlier, though
(arguably) with a little more effort required.

However, the stock TPAC templates in 2.4.0 do explicitly add support for
grabbing and displaying publication information from the 264, if present.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton