[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Verification of Patron Data

James Wagner wagner at lincoln.library.on.ca
Thu May 16 19:47:36 EDT 2013

Our library board wants us to regularly (every 2 years) verify with patrons that the telephone number, address etc., that we have for them are correct. The only way I have been able to do this, so far, is to set their "Privilege Expiration Date" to 2 years from now. Unfortunately, when the Expiration Date arrives, all patron privileges cease - patrons cannot renew items online, they cannot sign ebooks out from Overdrive, etc., and they are notified that their account has expired. This is like trying to hit a fly with a sledge hammer. Is there another way of having a reminder pop up, for staff to talk to the patrons, every two years, without completely blocking patron privileges?

James Wagner
Technical Services Co-ordinator
Lincoln Public Library
Vineland, Ontario, Canada