[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Acquisitions: Is it possible to separate fiscal years from calendar years in Evergreen?

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu May 23 10:59:30 EDT 2013

Hi Leevi,

Most of our libraries operate on a July - June fiscal year, and, yes,
Evergreen allows you to operate on a fiscal calendar that is different
than the Jan-Dec. calendar. There was an issue a while back where order
record uploads only worked when the fund's year matched the calendar's
year, but that issue has been resolved in recent versions of Evergreen.

However, your specific question seems to touch upon another issue
regarding how funds are handled as you come to the close of one fiscal
year and the start of a new one.  In Evergreen, you have a couple of
options. If your library typically rolls its funds over from one fiscal
year to the next, that option is available in Evergreen.

For most of our libraries, funds are not allowed to be rolled over from
one fiscal year to the next. However, they often have situations where
they might order a title in June that doesn't actually arrive until
July, meaning that the billing needs to be applied to the next year's
fiscal funds. As of Evergreen 2.3, this workflow is supported in
Evergreen. Basically, when you perform your fiscal year closeout, you
have the option to roll over all of your existing encumbrances into the
next fiscal year without bringing the funds along. There is some
documentation on this functionality available at
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.3/_enhancements_to_fiscal_rollover.html.

I think this will address your library's needs, but if I didn't
understand your questions correctly, let me know and I'll try to help out.

Have a nice day!

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator