[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] sudden problem with cataloging

Deana Cunningham deana.cunningham at granvillecounty.org
Thu May 30 16:15:14 EDT 2013

We are in the process of transitioning to Evergreen and have been cataloging our serials as part of the process. Sometime Thursday afternoon, one of our staff suddenly became unable to receive new serials at one of our branches. Catalogers at other branches are not having this problem. The error message we receive when she tries is:

 We experienced a network/server communication failure. Please check your internet connection and try this action again. Repeated failures may require attention from your local IT staff or your friendly Evergreen developers.

cmd_receive_items failed!

The company we have helping us with the migration is flummoxed, our IT staff is flummoxed, and I am flummoxed!

Can anyone shed any light on this for us?

Thanks,

Deana Cunningham
Branch Manager, South Branch Library
1550 S. Campus Dr.