[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Fwd: Opinions needed on copying patron data to the clipboard

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu Nov 7 10:58:50 EST 2013

Hi all,

Looking through the e-mail thread and the original LP bug, I counted that:

8 people indicated that they would like an acknowledgement that the text
was copied.
7 indicated that they did not want the additional click.
7 indicated they wanted something else (3 of those 7 were also counted
above because they showed a preference for one approach over another.)

I agree that it would be preferable to have a tooltip or a consistent
way to display an icon performs the action to copy to the clipboard. But
my follow-up question to those suggestions is if there is anyone with
the tuits to make it happen if we wanted to run with one of these
approaches.

In the case of the original question, it would be fairly easy to revert
this part of the code to its previous state, and I would be willing to
make the code changes if there was a large consensus to do so (I'm not
sure we really have that consensus at the moment.) But that's about as
far as my coding abilities go. :)

I am hopeful that, once we move to a web client, all of the standard
methods for copying and pasting will be available in the client
interfaces, eliminating the need for special Evergreen conventions for
copying this data.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Kathy

Kathy Lussier