[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Blockers for 2.5 RC1 [RM2.5]

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Mon Oct 7 12:26:37 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I spent much of the day on Friday testing 2.5 in anticipation of an RC1 release, but found enough issues that I wasn't comfortable going ahead with it just yet.  In particular, I would like to highlight at least four bugs which I have designated to be blockers for RC1:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bugs?field.tag=2.5-release-blocker

It isn't that these bugs are particularly severe or deadly, but every one requires some DB changes and reingesting of records, and if fixing these now prevents sites from needing to do multiple reingests for 2.5, it is time well spent.

In addition, here are all the other open bugs targeted at 2.5.0-rc1:

https://launchpad.net/evergreen/+milestone/2.5.0-rc

Are there others listed there which need attention before we cut RC1?  I know of at least two which I plan to review before RC1, but none seem so bad that they should block the release.  If you feel differently, then by all means, tag them, or at least set the 'Importance' to 'High' or 'Critical'.

Finally, if you have installed the beta or tested the upgrade script, please let me know; I'd really appreciate some feedback in those areas!

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Wells
Library Programmer/Analyst