[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Site considering Ever Green

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Tue Oct 8 10:50:59 EDT 2013

On 10/08/2013 10:03 AM, Brian McNally wrote:
> We are currently using another ILS and might be looking to switch to
> Ever Green….and were wondering how hard it is going to be to get our
> data migrated?

That's an impossible question to answer the way that it is phrased. In
order to answer it, we would need to know what ILS you are currently
using and can your current vendor extract the data for you in a usable
format.

> We are small site with very limited computer  programming expertise.

I am about to get myself in trouble, but that is what I am here for. :)

Why are you choosing Evergreen, and have you also considered Koha? What
feature does Evergreen have that you need that Koha does not?

Evergreen is not small, neither is Koha, and has many moving parts. You
should treat moving to a F/OSS ILS with the same due dilligence that you
would moving to any other ILS, proprietary or F/OSS.

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services